Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review: Tempest by Julie Cross and Dream Cast Release Date 1/17/12

The year is 2009.  Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.

But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler.  Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.


Find Julie Cross on the web : Blog | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter

My very own Dream Cast.... well I have looked and looked and all I can find for are Jackson and Holly ... *and all you get are pictures of each*



























Ok so these are my picks for Jackson and Holly. 


Jackson has that rugged but sexy look about him and still a fun fly by the seat of your pants kinda guy.


Holly is beautiful! She also has the brains and she knows what she wants! 


Care to take a stab at who I used for my Dream Cast for these two?  Comment and I will let you know who they really are. 


Review: 5x5
What a great original spin on time jumping! I love everything about it from the storyline to the characters. I can tell already this is going to be an EPIC trilogy! Julie draws you in with her amazing writing, seriously she is a master with words. 

Jackson is just swoon worthy and the journey he goes on is pulse-pounding and gut wrenching! I fell for him immediately. Holly is headstrong and beautiful and a girl who knows what she wants, then we get to see a different side of her *younger* All the secondary characters are well fleshed out and amazing! 

You won't know who to trust, who is good, who is bad.....Keeps you guessing the whole time. GET IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT... no wait go PRE-ORDER it NOW!!! you will not be sorry! 

4 comments:

  1. I think this is the first review I've seen of Tempest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying for this book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great fun read. And it sounds like there are always consequences to time travel, no matter what (drats!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love when a book keeps you guessing.. my friend won an arc of this, and she's lending it to me before it comes out.. I know based on how much she loved it, that i'll be buying it for myself when it's released. :)

    love your pick for the guy... yummy tummy. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...