Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful for....TWILIGHT

Author Beth Revis has come up with a wonderful idea putting up a post about 1 book you are thankful for...*and she has a contest to go with it*


Well, I cannot just pick one! so All This Month once a week I will be posting One book that I'm thankful for! 


And today I am going to start off with.....  Drum Roll please.....



Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Oh, I can hear you now... Oh NO! not Twilight! Well, I am a Twilight girl still and always will be, why you ask?? This is the book that restarted my love for reading! I had gone So, SO long not being able to pick up any book and get into it. I am talking years *12* I will forever remember the day I picked it up just to see what the heck everyone was fussing over! My kids had cereal that night for supper because I could NOT put it down.

I was immediately drawn into this story and I read from the time I got home with it until it was finished in the wee hours of the morning. The next day I went into complete fangirl mode! I had to have the rest and well I still get all fangirly when I talk about it. So for all the haters out there....it's ok hate on it will totally be ok with me and I don't bad talk people who don't like it or get it, believe me there are loads of books out there that I don't like/get. That's what makes talking with other bloggers is good for searching different things out! We all LOVE to read and that is GREAT!! *ok I think I got a little ranty there* 



2 comments:

  1. I know people hate on this series a lot. Even I think the movies ruined a lot of the quality of the books, but I will always hold a torch for them because they were my gateway drug into YA.

    Yes there is better literature out there, but I wouldn't know of it without having read Twilight. So for that, I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Twilight too!!! I just couldn't not pick Twilight!

    My grateful post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...