Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blood Like Poison *Destined for a Vampire* by M. Leighton


Ridley Heller thought that all her problems would be over if she could have Bo back—back from the dead. But what Ridley didn’t know was that her wish would come at a price.


Bo survived a condition that would have killed a lesser vampire, or any vampire for that matter. The only reason he didn’t die is because of who he is, someone Ridley doesn’t know at all. Someone Bo himself doesn’t know at all.


As Ridley gets closer to finding out Bo’s true identity, she discovers that loving him could also come at a price, a price much higher than she ever could have imagined. The question is: is there any such thing as a price too high to pay for Bo? For his love, for his safety, for eternity in his arms?
From Goodreads About M. Leighton


I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all. 




Review: 
If you watched my vlog review of book 1 you know that book one was an emotional ride! Usher in Destined for a Vampire and you have a different kind of emotional ride! The story picks up where the other left off and I was still heartbroken.  This story made me a tangled mess :) but in a great way. The author has a way of writing that is beautiful and heart wrenching. It is so engrossing that you cannot stop, because you HAVE to see what comes of everyone and what the heck is going on.


Ridley... man in this one she is put through the ringer. Emotionally and physically she is drained yet she keeps going for Bo. Friends disappear, turn on her.. and her family is a painful MESS! All of this still makes Ridley who she is and you feel everything right along with her. 


Bo... *sigh* he really pulled at my heart this go round.. well I'd say he has from the start but even more so this time. His love for Ridley and hers for him transcend all else. He wants to protect her more than anything in the world, but he cannot stay away from her and she doesn't want him to. Really I could go on and on about him. The way he is so gentle with her then can be a fiery ball of passion.


This one had things come out that well I didn't see coming at ALL! especially the end umm yeah this is me...

And so now I am diving right into book 3!! Really this series is great! If you love PRN and Romance well what are you waiting for? GET IT!

5 comments:

  1. SQUEEEEEE! I'm so glad that you liked it!! And I ADORE that graphic! I literally LOLd when I saw it. Even showed it to my hubs so he could laugh, too (he's my beta reader so he knows Bo:). I hope you LOVE book 3! Eeep! And THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea! Bo is like 3rd in line of my FAVE book boyfriends of all!! SWOOON :)

      Delete
  2. Oh so now I can comment...your blog is moody! I can't wait until you finish and we can gush and all that awesome jazz!!!! oh and your Avatar thingy magig is AWESOME! I keep staring at it and it made me chuckle <<<this comment makes no sense because it is 2:30 in the AM and my brain isn't functioning

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an awesome series. I wish I had more time in my schedule because I would totally check this series out asap. Unfortunately I have no time at all. I can't even get to any of my tbr pile lol! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing today. I guess I am going to have to take the plunge ;) I have hesitated with the cover of all things, I just don't like it LOL However, the storyline sounds like it is going to be really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...